Daisypath Friendship tickers

Daisypath Friendship tickers

Love of our life

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Our lil precious ~ Ivan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday 7 March 2013

The special moment when 2 becomes 3 ... :-)

This is such an outdated post. Yes, previous posts were updates on my pregnancy milestone and I have smoothly delivered my little precious at Week 37 (3 weeks earlier than the due) @ 17th Oct 2012.
Some unforgettable moments during the entire labour to be jotted down before I forget :p
Ø  Didn’t realise water bag has leaked till I woke up for toilet break at 3am.
Ø  Screamed for hubby and started to be panic .. hahaha (thinking back, how silly and funny of me during that moment) .. making hubby so ‘kan cheong’ too
Ø  Immediately, hubby cleaned himself, changed and drove me to the hospital
Ø  Luckily it was at wee hour, that the traffic was good all the way from our house in Puchong to Sunway Medical Centre
Ø  Reached the A&E about 3.30am and I was wheel-chaired to the Labour room at Level 2 of Sunmed
Ø  I was welcomed by a Chinese midwife there and was asked to change to their patient’s ‘uniform’
Ø  Once done, the midwife had a check on me and she told me that I am 2cm dilated.
Ø  She continued her task, putting the contraction belt on me and also monitoring little one’s heartbeat.
Ø  However, she commented that my contraction was pretty weird as in it is not in consistent mode, hence after communicating with my Gynae, I was then augmented (it is just another word for induced) .. haha to expedite the contraction process
Ø  At about 7am, Dr Loo came and the very first thing he asked the midwife, “any pain relief on her? Epidural?”… and midwife answered him, “nothing” …
Ø  Dr Loo then proceeded to examine me and told me that I am already 4cm dilated and will see me again at about 10am
Ø  At around 8am, I started to feel the contraction pain getting bad, hence, requested hubby to call the midwife for pain relief … :p (trying hard not to use epidural)
Ø  I was then given the pain relief and this works perfectly well. I had a good rest for the 2 hours plus as I do not feel any pain at all and it was stress free J
Ø  2 hours passed and at about 10am plus, I started to be awake and the pain was really really uncontrollable till hubby’s hand nearly be the bite victim … haha .. but, he was fast and asked if I would want epidural ? And, as the pain was so unbearable, without thinking much, I said, YES !
Ø  But, it was too late. Midwife told me that you are going to be delivering soon, 1 more cm to go only, ‘tahan’ ok !!
Ø  So, no choice and I just nodded and say, ok !
Ø  About 10.30am, Dr Loo came in and that is the beginning of my ‘pushing’ process and after about 4 rounds, our little precious is out to greet us J
He weighs 2.9kg and 48cm in length J
Our lil precious - lil Ivan, very 1st pix ... xoxo

2 comments: